Apply on Sarathi Parivahan Sewa to avail your Driving License with the simple registration steps mentioned.
Back in 2015, our Honorable Prime Minister Sri. Narendra Modi announced the ‘Sarathi Parivahan scheme’ under the ‘Digital India Campaign’ with an ambition to bring all the government schemes and policies under one roof- on a Digital Platform.
Well, this has brought convenience in both people’s lives and government-corporate sectors. Perhaps it resulted in the growth and development of the Country.
Table of Contents
What is the Sarathi Parivahan Sewa?
The name ‘Parivahan,’ meaning ‘Vehicle,’ suggests that the scheme is related to Vehicles. You can now easily book a driving license appointment and register for other DL issues on the official portal of Parivahan Sewa. So what exactly is the purpose of this campaign?
Following in the list are the services available in Sarathi Parivahan Sewa:
- Get a ‘Learner Driving License’ by registering on the official portal of Sarathi Parivahan.
- You can also avail the professional ‘Driving license’ through this scheme.
- Now, you can apply for a ‘Conductor license’ and open your path for Government Conductor jobs.
- Sarthi encourages you to register for a ‘Driving School License’ online on its web portal if you are into the school-bus driving business.
- You can visit Sarathi Parivahan’s official portal to book a Driving license appointment and other DL-related purposes.
The main aim to provide all these services on an online platform is to streamline the process, provide hassle-free and contactless services. Aadhar authentication is necessary for everyone who wishes to avail of these online license services.
|Drivers/ Learners License
|Online Test/ Appointment
|Driving License All Form
|Motor vehicles Dealer All Form
|Permit All Form
What is the Eligibility for Sarathi Parivahan Driver License?
Before applying for any type of Driving License in India, please go through the mandatory eligibility criteria instructed below: –
To apply for MCWG License (Motorcycle without Gear), please consider the following details:
- Applicants should be between the age of 16-18 years.
- In this scenario, to attain a driving license, the consent of your parent or a guardian is compulsory.
- Applicants must have an Aadhar Card/or another essential document to verify their nationality and address proof.
To apply for MCW (Motorcycle with Gear), please consider the following details:
- To apply for this license, the applicants must attain 18 or above.
- Applicant’s verification certificates are necessary, like- the Aadhar Card/Voter ID/ Pan Card.
- The applicant will be asked to undergo a driving test then they will receive their driving license.
To apply for Commercial License for transportation
- To apply for a Commercial License for transportation purposes, you must be at least 18 years old or above.
- It is mandatory to have an existing LMV license; otherwise, you cannot apply for this scheme.
- Documents such as Pan Card/ Aadhar Card or Voter ID are necessary to verify your address details.
Who Can Apply for a Driving License in India?
Following is the list of people who are eligible to apply for the Driving License in India:
- Any Indian with specific eligibility criteria is allowed to apply for a Driving License in India.
- Diplomat (foreigner) or Foreigner (but now diplomat) also can apply in this scheme.
- A Repatriate or Ex-servicemen like an Army Officer, police, or former militant are eligible for the scheme.
- Certainly, Physically Challenged individuals can also apply for a Driving license in India.
Documents required for Learner License are:
- For ID proof, you may use Aadhaar Card, Voter ID card, Bank passbook, PAN Card, or passport.
- For address proof, Aadhar card, Voter ID card, or electricity/water bill receipts may be used.
How to Apply For a Learning License in India on Sarathi Parivahan?
The following steps will allow you to apply for a learner license at the Vahan Sarathi Parivahan portal.
1. On visiting the official website, you will find the ‘Drivers/ Learners License’ on the home page.
2. Once you click on it, a new tab will open, which will ask you to select your state from the available options.
3. Once you have selected your state, the Sarthi Parivahan dashboard will appear.
4. Here, you will select the ‘Application for New Learner License’, which is available under the hood of the Learner License tab as shown given the below picture.
5. Upon selection, a detailed list will appear. This detail will include
6. Application form-
7. ‘Documents upload’ to verify your background and identity.
8. Fee payment to complete the form submission
9. An option for checking the Payment Status.
10. On the next page, you will need to select the category that you fall in. The categories include diplomat, foreigner repatriate, refugees, Ex-serviceman, DL holder, or Learner License Holder.
11. After selecting the correct option, submit it. Now, the application form for the learner license will open.
Learner License Application Form
12. Now fill the application form with accurate details. If you want to see the format of the form and want to see what details you have to fill then you can download the form at the link given below.
13. Once you have filled the form, submit the form. Now, you will receive an application number on your mobile number.
14. Now, press the Next and proceed to the payment part. As you press the pay now tab, the payment gateway window will appear.
15. Here, you may choose the payment method and pay the fee. Once, the fee payment is successful, you should download the fee receipt.
16. Once the fee payment is successful; you will need to upload the documents. This can be done on Sarthi Parivahan’s home page.
17. On the home page, click on the upload documents tab and enter details such as date of birth and application number that you received on your number.
18. Once this step is done, select the documents and upload the scanned files.
19. Once the documents are uploaded successfully, you will need to upload a photograph and signature with sizes ranging from 10 KB to 20 KB.
20. After the uploading of all these documents is successful, print out the Acknowledgement along with Form A and Form 1-A.
21. Now, you will proceed to the slot booking.
Slot Booking at Sarathi Parivahan Portal
Generally, after the documents are uploaded, you will automatically proceed to the slot booking. However, if this is not the case due to some technical issue, you can follow the following steps to book your slot.
1. On Sarathi Parivahan Portal, select the LL test slot booking. This option can be found under the appointment tab.
2. On the next page, submit your date of birth, application number, and verification code.
3. Once you submit these details, you will receive a verification code on your mobile number and Email ID.
4. Once you have entered these details, a test slot booking calendar will appear in which dates marked with green color are available slots.
5. You can select the dates on which you are available and the preferable time period.
6. Now, confirm the slot and acknowledgment slip will appear on the screen. Take a printout of the slip.
7. Now, you can see the status on your dashboard.
Re-Issuance of Expired Learning License
The following steps will provide a detailed guide on the process for the re-issuance of your expired learner license.
1. Visit the official website.
2. You will find an option of ‘Expired Learner License Issue Again” under the learning License dropdown.
3. Now, enter the details of your date of birth and the license number of your expired license. Proceed along with the instructions.
How to Cancel Learner License Test Slot Booking?
If due to an emergency, you are not able to appear for the learning license test on the selected date, then you can even cancel the test slot and get a new slot with the following steps.
1. First of all, Visit the official website of the Sarthi portal.
2. Under the appointment section, you will find the cancel LL test slot option.
3. After selecting the option, enter your details such as date of birth, application number, and verification code.
4. Now you will be able to cancel your slot after details authentication.
Apply for Driving License on Sarathi Parivahan Portal
You can apply for a new Driving License on Sarathi Parivahan only after 30 days of your Learning License Issued. Now, to get a permanent driving license to follow the steps: –
1. Go to the official portal of Sarathi Parivahan Sewa and select the ‘DL Application form’ on your ‘Home Menu.’
2. You will see the summary list of steps involved in this application. Just click on the ‘Continue’ bar and process further.
3. On the Application For Driving Licence(DL) page, You are given three options out of which you have to choose.
A. holding Learner’s Licence
B. holding Foreign DL
C. holding Defence Licence
4. Now, enter your Learner’s Licence Number and Date of Birth (DOB) details. Click on the ‘OK’ option and continue ahead.
Note – To apply for a driving license it is necessary to have a learner’s license only then you can apply for a driving license. If you want to apply for a learner license then you can follow the above procedure.
5. You will have to schedule your DL Test slot on the next page. A calendar will appear; book as per your convenience.
6. Now, proceed to Fee Payment and complete the DL Application registration on Vahan Sarathi Portal.
How to Check Sarthi Parivahan Application Status Online?
To check your DL status, you can follow these steps:
1. Move to the Sarthi Portal.
2. On the main page, you will find the application status.
3. Here, enter your details such as application number, date of birth, and captcha code appearing on your screen.
4. Now, you will be able to check your DL application status.
Apply for the Conductor License at Sarathi Parivahan Portal
If you want to apply for a conductor license, you can submit your application online at Vahan Sarathi Sewa Portal by following steps:
Conductor License Application Form
1. Visit the official website of the Parivahan Sewa portal first.
2. On the home page, you have to click on the “Drivers/ Learners License” option and now select the state.
3. Now you will redirect Sarthi Portal, select the “New Conductor License” option from the dropdown of the Conductor license.
4. Now press the continue tab. An application form for a conductor license will appear.
5. Fill in your correct personal details, address details, and medical details in the application form.
6. Once you have submitted the application form, you need to upload your documents.
7. Now upload your photograph and signature (this is needed for some states only).
8. Once the documents are uploaded, you need to pay the application fee through an online payment gateway for the conductor license.
How to Apply Online for Temporary Conductor License
1. To apply for a temporary conductor license, first, visit the Sarthi Parivahan Sewa portal.
2. On the main page, you will need to select the temporary conductor license tab available under the Conductor license tab.
3. Now, fill the application form after submitting personal, address, and medical details.
4. Upload the required documents, photograph, and signature.
5. Now pay the application fee online to complete your temporary conductor application.
Apply for New Driving School License Online
If you want to run a driving school, you will need to obtain a license from the authority and it can be done through the Sarthi portal by following the following process:
1. First of all, visit Vahan Parivahan Sewa Portal and select “New Driving School License“ on the home page.
2. Following steps are required to apply for a driving School license: –
- Application form submission: fill in the accurate details of driving school, vehicle, and staff-related details.
- Documents upload
- Upload Photograph and signature
- Application fee payment through an online gateway
- Remember to take a printout of the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
Sarathi Parivahan License Fee for Various types of Licenses
The following table provides the number of fees for different types of licenses.
|Type of License
|Learner License Fee
|The renewal fee for Renewal of Expired Learner License
|Driving License Fee
|DL Test Fee
|Dl Renewal Fee
|Driving School License and Renewal Fee
|International Driving License Fee
Note-These are the revised standard values and may vary from state to state.
We hope that the information given by us will help you, if you liked this article then share it that with one share you can help many people and if you have any questions then you can comment on us. For more updates, please bookmark our website and we request you to check the details once by visiting the official website.