PICME | picme.tn.gov.in: hello readers. I hope all of you are safe and healthy wherever you are. Now throwing some light on today’s article, it is for those women who are expecting to be a mother soon, or those lucky ones who are new mothers and trying to nurture their infant in every possible way. Nature has given women the superpower to bring a life into this world. The phase of pregnancy and giving birth requires a lot of strength. So an expecting mother needs a lot of care and proper nourishment.
People generally don’t really think about it, but thankfully the government of Tamil Nadu has taken an initiative to provide necessary healthcare services to expecting mothers, new mothers along with their infants. The Tamil Nadu government has started a scheme known as PICME for this purpose. Today, we will share complete information about the scheme. Also, we will share the pre-registration procedure, application status, view acknowledgment, etc.
Table of Contents
What is PICME?
PICME stands for Pregnancy and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation scheme. This scheme has been launched by the Tamil Nadu government to provide a better caring system for expecting mothers and also newborn babies. It is a very great initiative by the Tamil Nadu government. PICME scheme will prove to be a boon for struggling new mothers and infants. Generally, more attention is given to the teenagers/youth but it is the very unique step that the Tamil Nadu government is all ready to take the responsibility of the little buds even before they are born.
Newborns today are like seeds who are going to grow and serve our country in the future. Pregnancy is one of the most difficult phases of a woman’s life. a woman has to go through a really tough time to bring a new life into this world. Proper care, nourishment, and a lot of support are needed by a woman in her pregnancy period.
Many times, a pregnant woman is unable to get the proper healthcare services that are necessary for her. Not having a nourishing lifestyle, careless approach towards health, improper food intake, and lack of hygiene lead to complications in pregnancy and childbirth. This results in a declining mortality rate of women in India. So a major step has been taken by the Tamil Nadu government which definitely upgrade the standard of healthcare services for women
|Pre Registration by Public
|Pre Registration for CSC
|Mobile No Based Acknowledgment
|Application ID Status
|Mobile Number Authentication
The objective of the scheme
The major objective of the scheme is to provide better healthcare services to women who are going to be mothers soon. So in order to take benefits from this scheme, the beneficiary should first register herself under the PICME & MRMBS scheme. According to the reproductive and child health (RCH) scheme, a woman should register herself as soon as she gets confirmed about her pregnancy.
On getting successfully registered under the scheme, a PICME number will be given to the beneficiary. In the next step, an RCH ID will be provided. This will ensure the complete and successful registration of the woman under the reproductive and child health scheme. This RCH ID is like a key that will open doors to all the services which she can avail and take benefits of all the benefits to be given under this scheme.
In order to provide financial help to the registered women, the government of Tamil Nadu will give a sum of Rs.18,000 to one and all registered under the scheme. The amount will be distributed to the beneficiaries in several installments at various stages on completing decided monthly milestones for Dr.Muthulakshmi Reddy’s maternity benefits. This will ensure that proper aid is reached at regular time intervals to the pregnant women. Given below is the list of seven installments of the financial aid-
- First Instalment:- This installment is for women who have successfully registered in the earliest days of pregnancy. Rs.2000 will be paid before 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- Second Instalment:- At the 3rd month of pregnancy, Rs.2000 is paid again as the second installment.
- Third Instalment:- After the 4th month, the third installment is paid as per the terms of the G.O.
- Fourth Instalment:- After the 4th month, an amount of Rs.2000 is paid again as the fourth installment.
- Fifth Instalment:– This installment has a term and condition with it. This installment will only be given to those who get their baby delivered in a government hospital in Tamil Nadu. Rs.4000 will given after baby birth.
- Sixth Instalment:– An amount of Rs.4000 is paid after the child gets vaccinated with OPA/ROTA/PENTA along with 2 IPV doses.
- Final Instalment:– The last installment is Rs.2000 and is paid after the final vaccination of Measles-Rubella, which is done before the infant’s 12 months.
Benefits of the scheme
- The most important benefit of this scheme is that it eases and solves all struggles and problems faced by pregnant mothers. the nurses of the local area are allotted the duty to track and keep a record of women registered under the scheme.
- Local nurses are given instructions to take special care of pregnant women and to guide them through the multiple stages of pregnancy. the nurses will ensure sequential and proper uploading of the mandatory documents required in the scheme.
- They will also take necessary maternity care of the registered woman and will help the beneficiaries to follow the government’s guidelines to avail all the desired benefits.
- After baby birth, an important document to be taken before leaving the hospital is the birth certificate of the newborn.
- PICME registration will enable the new mothers to easily get all the documents related to childbirth
- It is compulsory for all married women to register under the scheme to avail full benefits which will be available even for the next child.
- This portal is very efficient and easy to log in to, hence saves time and energy for users. users can register and log in at any time without going anywhere.
- The registration process is very simple and requires a very basic document possessed by everybody.
- Full maternal care and guidance is the major benefit of this scheme.
- Not only healthcare services but also financial aid of Rs.18000 will be given to the mothers and newborns.
- The delivery charges will be free for pregnant women in government hospitals of Tamil Nadu.
If you want to register on the portal, then you have to fill in the information asked in the form like name, address, mobile number, status. You are not required to submit any documents at the time of registration. If you want to take the benefits of this scheme, then you have to submit some documents whose list is given below.
- Bank Passbook with a photograph
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- MGNREGS Job Card
- any other photo ID issued by Government like Adhaar Card
- Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Card
How to register on the PICME portal?
For registration, you will have to follow the procedure given below, so that you will easily get the PICME number which you have to keep with you.
1. In the first step, If you want to register, you have to visit the official website.
2. When the home page will open, you will see the “Pre-registration by public“ option on the right side, now click on the “Pre-registration by public” option.
3. The registration form will open on the next page, in which first you have to fill in name, mother name, address, etc details.
4. In this step, you have to select a day and time from the given slots to visit the VHN (Village Health Nurse) as shown in the image below.
5. Now, you will need an active mobile number and email id. As soon as you fill in the email id and mobile number, then you will receive an OTP on your mobile number.
6. Now enter the OTP and fill in the captcha code and click on the “Save” option.
7. After saving all the information, an acknowledgment will be displayed on the screen as shown in the image below.
8. In acknowledgment, A pre-registration ID (PICME Number) will be assigned to the mother for future reference. Please keep this number safe and give it to VHN/UHN when it is received.
How to Login to the PICME portal?
It is necessary to register to log in, if you have not registered then follow the procedure given above. To log in, you will need a User ID and Password, which is provided by the authorities.
1. First of all, You have to visit the official website.
2. Now, on the home page, Enter the username and password in the required fields.
3. Now fill in the Captcha code and click on the submit option.
4. This way, you will be logged into your profile where many features will be available to you.
How to Check application Status?
To see the application status, you have to follow the procedure given below.
1. For application status, go to the official website.
2. Now click on the “Pre-Registration by Public” option as shown in the image below.
3. After that, You have to click on the Application ID status on the menu bar.
4. Now, enter the Pre-Registration Application ID.
5. Now, click on submit option and your application status will appear on the screen.
Acknowledgment & Authentication Links
First of all, you have to select the option from the table given below, after that, you have to fill in the asked details and click on the get details and save options.
|Mobile No Based Acknowledgment
|Mobile Number Authentication
If you need any assistance & help at the time of registration and login. Then contact on the contact details given below.
Toll-Free Number – 102
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope, the information about PICME given by us will help you, and still, we request you to check the information on the official website for more information. And do share this article with your friends and family members so that more and more people can take advantage of this scheme, your one share can help many people. For all the latest articles, please bookmark our website (bharatportals.in).