TNPDS | TNEPDS | www.tnpds.gov.in: Hello, Peoples of Tamil Nadu. This article is about the Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card OR Tamil Nadu Electronic Public Distribution System. As we all know, Ration Card is an important document that is used for our official and non-governmental work. Today we will give you complete information about how to apply, how to check application status & many more services.
You will be happy to know the “Tamil Nadu Electronic Public Distribution System has prepared a new smart card of “Ration Card” for everyone. Also, you can check your application status online at home in less than a minute. For registration, the beneficiary can apply in the prescribed format on the official website (URL: www.tnpds.gov.in).
Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card 2019 – www.tnpds.gov.in
This Portal (URL-www.tnpds.gov.in) is an official website of Tamil Nadu. Food Supply and Consumer Protection Department, Government of Tamil Nadu aims to provide online services for the citizens such as an online portal, mobile app, SMS service, Call Centres, email service, and also social media. There are currently four types of ration cards in Tamil Nadu like Light Green cards, White cards, No commodity cards & Khaki cards. It has reduced the manual work and also saves the time of both departmental employees and citizens.
This portal is providing various benefits as given below.
- Citizens can check family card details.
- You can see their family members’ Adhaar numbers.
- You can view the grievances they have registered and the new grievances.
- Citizens can view comments they have registered and post new comments.
- You can send a request for a change of family card details online.
- You can view their license sales transaction details.
- Citizens can change online their Family Head member & address.
- You can add Family members online.
- You can remove the name of a family member.
- Cancellation or surrender of the ration card can also be done through this portal.
- People can also check the service request status of their card.
Important Link of TNPDS
- Citizen login
- Department login
- TN Smart Ration Card Online Registration
- TN Smart Ration card status
- Send Feedback/complain
- Corrections of Details (Name, Age, etc.,) in smart ration card
- Status of Request
- Add Member in card
- Change of Address in card
- Family Head Member Change
- Remove Family Member from the ration card
- Card Surrender / Cancellation for ration card
- Card Related Service Request Status
Type of TNPDS Smart Ration Card
There are four types of ration cards in Tamil Nadu.
Light Green Cards- Ration Cards are provided to those people who fall above the poverty line. It also includes Antodaya Ann Yojana cardholders.
White Cards- One who receives more than 3 kg of sugar in excess of the prescribed quota.
No Commodity Card- Who does not want any commodity under the Public Distribution System.
Khaki Cards- To the rank of inspectors for police personnel.
How to register online for TNEPDS Smart Ration Card?
You can register online by following the given steps. The Smart Ration Card is available for download on the official website of the tnpds.gov.in (Public Distribution System).
First Step – Visit the official website of the Food Supply and Consumer Protection Department – Click Here
Second Step – After that, you have to click the “Apply for Electronic Card” on the right side of the web page as shown in the image.
Third Step – Choose any one from the given below options.
- Application for new electronic card
- Old family card registration
Application for new electronic card
Fourth Step – So, applicants have to enter all the necessary details like family members’ names, the application number, and address. They will also have to upload the photo of the head of the family in the prescribed format.
Fifth Step – After that, they will have to add the family member details, gas connection details, and declaration and submit the form.
Old family card registration
The Enrollment of the old card is similar to applying for a new smart card, the applicant is required to fill in additional details for applying for a new smart card.
- Previous Ration Card Number
- Ration Card FPS Code
- Previous Ration Card photocopy
Final Step – After submitting, they will get a reference number/application number on their registered mobile number. They got this application no. They will be safe until they get their smart ration card. With this no. They can also check the status of their application.
How to check the Smart Ration Card status online?
You can apply online by following the given steps.
First Step – Go to the official portal – Click Here
Second Step – After That open the “Smart Card Application Status” link.
Third Step – So Applicants are required to enter a valid registration number.
Final Step – After that status of the application will appear on the screen.
Applying through a point of sale device
Citizens of Tamil Nadu can visit their nearest ration shop and register through a point of sale device. Applicants are required to carry all necessary documents for registration.
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Recent Size Photography Pass
- Bank book
- Caste / Category certificate
- income certificate
- Electricity bill
How to file a complaint on the official portal?
Now You have to visit the official website – Click Here
Provide their relevant details to register the complaint
- Only registered members can send their complaint
- * – Required fields are specified
- Enter the registered handset number
Please contact the help desk for more details
SMS the registered mobile number to any of the following
Numbers: 1. 9773904050
- FIRST PDS <Space> 101 – Item Details at Fair Price Store.
- PDS <Space> 102 – Fair Price Outlet (Opened / Closed).
- PDS <Space> 107 – for a complaint of payment amount.
Must Read – Tnreginet Registration
Leave a Reply